2.19.2017

You're Golden! *Hip Kit Club*

Hello, crafty friends!

I'm here today with a masculine layout that I shared on the Hip Kit Club blog last Friday. I created this page using the February 2017 Main Kit only...


My youngest son turned 10 on February 10th, so I was really excited to document his special golden birthday!


I had just received my February kits so I challenged myself to create a masculine layout using the Main Kit only and I must say I love how it turned out!


I began by taking the Spring Break patterned paper from the Oasis Collection by Crate Paper and cutting it into thirds. I placed the middle strip down my page vertically and adhered it to a piece of white card stock, but you can't tell that from my completed layout because I changed my design halfway through my process (and you can see how that happened in my process video at the end of this post). I layered different strips of patterned paper from the Oasis Collection by Crate Paper along the edges of the middle strip and used my sewing machine to stitch around the edges.


It wasn't until I was trying to figure out my title placement, which I created using the lovely gold glitter Thickers from the Main Kit, that I decided to turn my page 180 degrees and go about my design horizontally instead of vertically. I used some of the Shimelle wooden buttons and Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams gold foil Thickers to create small embellishment clusters around my page. I also added three of the puffy hearts from the Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams Collection for even more texture and dimension. They were so fun to use and are some of the cutest embellies that I've seen in a long time!


I journaled on one of the Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams Collection ephemera pieces and tucked it under one of the smaller strips of patterned paper at the bottom of my layout. Be sure and check out my process video below to see how my whole page came together and how I altered it halfway through.


              

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great weekend!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment