2.05.2017

Using Rub-ons and Documenting 2017 *Hip Kit Club*

Hello, everyone! 

I have two projects that I shared on the Hip Kit Club blog this past Friday. First up, I have my Project Life spread for January 2017 that I created using items from the January 2017 Project Life Kit...
 

I'm going to continue to use a 9x12 album for my spreads this year and I'm also sticking to a monthly documenting schedule. I printed my photos off from my home computer and placed them in the various 3x4 slots to begin my process.


I used several of the HKC exclusive Project Life cards from the January 2017 Project Life Kit and layered a few of the 1 Canoe 2 Hazelwood Gold Foiled Icon stickers on a few of my photos to add some dimension without adding a lot of bulk to the pockets.


I also layered a few of the Pink Paislee Moonstruck ephemera pieces (available in the January 2017 Main Kit) on a couple of the journaling cards and layered some puffy stickers on top of them. I really love the colors of the journaling cards this month, don't you?


I kept the right side of my spread cohesive with the left by using the same color scheme and by placing my embellishments on the journaling cards in a visually balanced design.


And here's a look at my full spread for January 2017...


Next up, I have a layout that I created using the January 2017 Hip Kits to share...


I was really inspired by the lovely butterfly rub-ons from 1 Canoe 2, but I wanted them to look more dimensional on my layout so I placed them on a piece of vellum and fussy-cut them out. I also carefully bent their wings up a bit so they would look as if they were fluttering across my page.


I also used the 6x6 stencil from Carta Bella and the Heidi Swapp Metallic Texture Paste in Teal from the January 2017 Color Kit to create the houndstooth design on the background patterned paper from 1 Canoe 2.


I layered lots of the ephemera pieces from the Pink Paislee Moonstruck collection around my photo and placed several of the 1 Canoe 2 Hazelwood Printed Cork Shape pieces (available in the January 2017 Project Life Kit) on my page for a little color and texture contrast.


Be sure and check out the process video for this layout below... 


              

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment