1.08.2017

Happy New Year and A Project Life Spread *Hip Kit Club*

Hello, everyone! 

I'm here with two projects that I created using the December 2016 Hip Kits and I shared these both on the Hip Kit Club blog this past Friday. Let's start by beginning with a fun layout documenting the ringing in of the New Year...


I used some of the lovely HKC Exclusive patterned paper from the December 2016 Paper Kit for my background and then layered several long, narrower strips of paper from the Amber Star collection vertically down the left side of my page. I also used a few of the lovely December Cut Files that are available for free for HKC subscribers and placed them around the photo of my family on New Year's Eve.


I re-sized the cut files so I could layer a few of them together and I added one of the HKC Exclusive flair buttons from the December 2016 Embellishment Kit in the middle. I also adhered a few of the Pink Paislee Birthday Bash sequins around it for some color pop. 


My favorite part about this layout is the sequin filled "2017" embellishment! To create this, I simply took a small piece of vellum that fit underneath of the "2017" cut file and used my tape gun to cover it in adhesive. Then I scattered some of the confetti sequins from Pink Paislee on my craft table and flipped the adhesive covered piece of vellum over and smashed it on top of the sequin pile. I lifted it up and a ton of sequins covered the adhesive so I could layer the "2017" cut file on top of it using some foam adhesive to give it some dimension. 


To complete my page, I placed some of the Crate Paper Heart Day Thickers on top of the sequin embellishment to create my title. I used a little bit of the Shimmerz Paints Shimmeringz spray ink, available in the December 2016 Color Kit, in Concrete for my ink splatters and placed a few more of the confetti sequins around my layout.



The next project that I have to share with you today is my Project Life spread for December 2016...


Even though I do a December Documented album each year, I still like to include a spread in my Project Life album for December. I try to focus on the "everyday" photos that I didn't use for my DD and I always end up with more than enough to document.



For this PL spread I used items and the HKC Exclusive journaling cards from the December 2016 Project Life Kit. I love the soft colors in this month's PL kit and the purple and aqua are so lovely paired with the gold and yellow accents!


I cut apart the 5x7 Phrase Cut-Apart sheet from the kit and layered some of the sentiments directly on top of my photos. I also used several of the Pink Paislee Take Me Away collection ephemera pieces to embellish the journaling cards. 


I also added several pops of gold using the My Mind's Eye Gold Mirrored Acrylic stickers from the embellishment kit to complete my design.


Thanks so much for joining me today and I hope I've given you some inspiration on how to use your December 2016 Hip Kits! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment