7.06.2016

Captured *Hip Kit Club*

Hey friends! 

I'm here today with a layout that I created using the June 2016 Hip Kits from Hip Kit Club...

captured1

There are so many great ephemera pieces in the June kits that I wanted to focus on using them on my layout. I started with a photo grid of my daughter taking selfies one afternoon and placed it on top of the fun cut file designed by Ashley Horton that's available in the shop under June 2016 Downloads.

captured2

Next, I layered several of the American Crafts Project Life Currently Chipboard Ephemera pieces available in the June 2016 Embellishment Kit around my photo grid and placed the "captured" piece in the middle using some foam adhesive for added dimension.

captured3

I kept adding ephemera pieces around the bottom and up the right side of my page tucking some under the cut file and layering others on top of the HKC exclusive Everyday Ephemera pieces that are available in the June 2016 Main Kit. I love how well the ephemera pieces coordinate with the HKC exclusives!

captured4

One of my tricks for getting so much dimension when I layer is using foam adhesive on certain pieces and by using a wide mix of embellishments such as the Everyday Puffy Stickers designed by Kim Watson, the Pink Paislee Fancy Free Decorative Buttons, and the Jillibean Soup Today Words Wood Veneer pieces that are available in the June 2016 Project Life Kit. The mix of materials, colors, and shapes help add lots of texture and dimension which helps draw the eye around the circular design of my layout.

captured5

For a finishing touch, I hand-stitched several stitches around the cut file using bright aqua embroidery floss and sprinkled a few drops of the Shimmerz Coloringz Pink Stilettos non-shimmering mist (available in the June 2016 Color Kit) on the speckled background paper as well.

I really love how this page turned out and I hope I've given you some inspiration on how to use up all of that gorgeous ephemera that's available in the June 2016 Hip Kits

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment