5.25.2016

Turning Triangle Into Circles *Hip Kit Club*

Hi everyone! 

I shared this bright and colorful layout that I created using the May 2016 Hip Kits on the Hip Kit Club blog yesterday! The fun triangle shapes on the Meadowbrook "Lucy In The Sky" HKC exclusive patterned paper was the main inspiration for my page design. I knew right away that I wanted to fussy cut the triangles and arrange them in a circular design on my layout.   


For a bright color effect, I added some yellow spray ink on the background paper "Notes From Home" from the Meadowbrook collection (available in the May 2016 Paper Kit) and then arranged the fussy-cut triangles in large circles around my page leaving some room for my photos near the center of the paper. 


I added the "today" phrase from the Meadowbrook Ephemera pack that's available in the May 2016 Main Kit and layered it at the bottom of one of my photos of my daughter and I riding the train at the zoo. I placed several of the Meadowbrook Triangle Acrylic Shapes (available in the May 2016 Embellishment Kit) around my photos to draw the eye around my layout. I love how the acrylic shapes give my page an added dimension and a fun texture! 


I used one of the HKC exclusive Project Life cards from the May 2016 Project Life Kit and cut it to fit in one of the Simple Stories "Life In Color" Chipboard Frames for my title. The colors of those chipboard frames coordinate so well with the HKC exclusives! 


I hope I've inspired you to use the fun triangular patterned paper from the Meadowbrook Collection in a different way.

Thanks so much for joining me today!

1 comment:

  1. This is very fun an creative way to use the triangular shapes in circular patterns. really inpspired by how u used acrylic paints and added colour to youre page! thanks.

    ReplyDelete