1.15.2013

Project Life - Week 2

Happy Tuesday, friends!

I have my second week of Project Life completed!  It feels so good to be on top of things right now...makes for a great start to the new year, eh?  

I've been really conjuring my inner minimalist for my Project Life spreads this year.  I like the freshness and ease of the way it looks as a whole.  It also helps me save a little time and hopefully all these things will stick so I can get to Week 52!


I used my Project Life Seafoam Core Kit that I downloaded from AC Digitals, some journaling and filler cards from the Day by Day class, and some bits from my January SC Kit, Block Party, for this week's spread.


I used a template from LifeLovePaper for my photos to make them look like polaroids.  The template was from a past Studio Calico class, but I use them ALL the time :)


I want to remember to stick a photo of the week's weather in each weekly spread.  I do that by clicking down on the reset and home button on my iPhone at the same time (that works for any screenshot you want to photograph).  Being a farmer's wife, it seems that my whole life depends on the weather so I thought it would be a nice way to document it.  Especially since it changes so quickly where I live!


I also try to use up random bits and pieces of things I have lying around on my craft table...I like when I can use something up in this way.




For some reason (when I attempted this project last year) I thought I had to fill up every pocket with photos and/or journaling...this year I'm really enjoying using "filler" cards to help bring my spreads together and seem more cohesive.  Plus, they give me a chance to show off a little creative flair, ha!


And there you have Week 2.  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

11 comments:

  1. This is my first time of doing project life and you've given me lots of inspiration, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun pages. Really like the clean lines of your style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth! I'm really into clean lines lately :) xo

      Delete
  3. Congrats on getting week 2 done so quickly. you are on a roll. Lovely pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started PL this January and I am really glad I started it. So many details I wouldn't remember if I hadn't put them in our album .... I love going through it again and again and so does my daughter. I am not so much a crafter though and stick to pictures, fillers and journaling. Quite plain. But that fits our style.
    Jule {inside9B}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the idea of doing a screenshot of the weather for the week Thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete