9.10.2012

The Sweetest Thing

Happy Monday, friends!  I hope you had a great weekend :)  The weather around our neck of the woods was amazing so we spent most of our time outside...I'm soooooo ready for fall!

Today, I'm excited to bring you a layout I made for the September Sketch Challenge over at the Freckled Fawn blog.

This month's sketch inspiration comes from this amazing art journal page created by Anna-Maria...

Isn't this just gorgeous?


And here's my take...

I have to admit that I had a hard time with this sketch at first.  Anna-Maria's style is a bit different than mine and I'm used to going off of black & white geometric sketches.  Once I figured out how to break down the setup and lines of the page, it all came together quite nicely.  I was really inspired by the softness and colors of the sketch.  This sketch is really great because it allows you to put your own spin on it :)

I had a lot of fun playing with my watercolors and large background chevron stamp from this month's SC kit, Central High...

I used lots of washi and even covered a few hexagon chipboard pieces with it.  It's a super easy and fun way to dress up your chipboard, especially if you don't feel like dragging out a bunch of paint and waiting for it to dry!


I misted the "You Are My Sunshine" piece I cut out from my Cameo onto my page using Mister Huey's Gold mist.


I heat embossed the chevron background stamp onto my page using white embossing powder and then I layered a few shades of pink and orange watercolors over it to get the effect in the photo above.  My favorite thing about this layout (other than the washi!) is the "My Girl" transparent letter stickers from Amy Tangerine...love those to pieces!

Ok, so here's the fun part, if you would like to play along, simply add a link to your project based on Anna-Maria's sketch in the comments section on the Freckled Fawn blog by Monday, September 24th.  One lucky person will receive a FRECKLED FAWN prize pack!!!  Good luck, and I can't wait to see what you create!

Have a great day!  TFL!!!


4 comments:

  1. love your look into art journaling. it is a beautiful page. the details are so invoing.
    i just might be tempted to play along.
    thank you for sharing.
    ~j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jamie! I hope you decide to play along :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the page. Gorgeous stuff. I love Anna-Maria. If we want to participate, do we have to use Freckled Fawn products? Just wondering since I don't have any at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kimberlee! And no, you don't have to use FF product, use anything you like! Can't wait to see your take! xo

      Delete