8.27.2012

Hello Darling

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope you had a great weekend :)  I managed to get sick after mowing our lawn on Saturday so today I'm trying to rest and relax.  Friday is my birthday and I really don't want to be sick on my birthday.  Ugh...

Here's another layout I created for the Trendspotting class at Studio Calico...


Yes, I'm still scrapping vacation pics...I have so many great ones that I just can't help myself ;)  I really need to put a mini together to showcase all of my great Instax photos I shot on our vacation, but I've had a creative block on how that should come together.  I hate when that happens!


I'm still using my August kit from SC and adding in a few odds and ends from my stash that need to be used up.   I added the banner along the side of my layout to switch it up a bit...then dressed it up with a few embellishments and wood veneer arrows.


I realized after uploading this shot (oops) that you can't read all of the journaling on the tag.  It reads..."You didn't care too much for the water, but you loved digging your toes in the sand!"

My favorite embellishment on this layout is the star cluster on the left side of the journaling tag.  I had a bunch of stars lying around on my craft table so I decided to layer them in a random way using glue dots and stitch them together in a cluster.  I adhered a wooden button on top to add a bit more dimension and color, too.  I really like how it turned out and I can't wait to start trying out other punched shapes!

Have a great day!  TFL!

2 comments:

  1. this is another great do by you.
    which trend was this answering...i am assuming the arrows.
    i really love the clusters you have going on over on the left side of the photo. that looks amazing.
    thank you for sharing your talents with us.
    ~j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Jamie, I was channeling the arrow trend and the banner trend :) Thanks for your sweet comment! xo

    ReplyDelete