8.23.2012

Anchors Away

Here's my take on this week's Sunday Sketch...


I kept my layout pretty close to the sketch, I just sort of smooshed everything together a bit.  


I made the banner out of various patterns of washi tape, which was super easy and fun to use in a different way.

I also used a lot of arrows and a bit of metallics in this layout, two trends that I've been working with in my Trendspotting class.  The journaling card is also from the class.


I just love this photo of my youngest son as he stood in awe of the "pirate" ship that went by our neck of the beach during our Florida vacation.  I used my Snapster App on my iPhone with the Cyan filter to get the "aqua" look around the edges of the photo.


I also used a "new to me" technique on this layout...sparkling glitter splatters.  I can already tell it's going to be my next obsession!  I found this great video at SwissGirlDesigns that showed me how to achieve the look :)  It's fun to try and really quite simple, hope you check it out!


Happy Thursday!  TFL!

10 comments:

  1. Ha! I knew when I saw this in the SC gallery you took that picture in Destin! I've seen that cool boat so many many times while on the beach there! My kids were amazed by it too when they were younger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo is completely adorable. What a great story.
    And I also adore your take on the sketch. I am working on mine presently. Should be ready tomorrow. Love all your details, the color...and now will have to check out the glitter splatters.
    Thanks for sharing your love.
    ~j

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jamie! I can't wait to see your work in the gallery :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome layout, the blues and browns are perfect for the beach theme! And yes, I definitely agree about the glitter splatters, SO obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I saw your awesome page that is featured and just knew I had to try it! xo

      Delete
  4. Wow, this page is gorgeous, I love it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic take on that sketch. Gorgeous page with so many perfect details!

    ReplyDelete