7.09.2012

Best Day Ever

There are some days when I take at least 30 photos, if not more.  Thirty or more photos on just plain 'ol ordinary days...but not on the Fourth of July.  Nope.  I only took ONE.  ONE photo.  What is wrong with me?  I'm blaming it on the fact that we were having way too much fun and I wasn't worried about getting a ton of photos.  Plus, I was scared to death that I would lose my phone in the strip cut and I just wasn't willing to risk it :)

Here's my ONE photo in a layout about how we spent our Fourth of July...


I used my new Elmwood Park Kit +Add On's for this layout. 


The arrow, which I cut out using my Cameo, is pointing to Avery and Jubal in the water.  I left a lot of white space and layered directly around my photo to make it pop.  It's hard to tell from the picture, but I added a little bit of white paint over the stars to tone them down.

I really liked how this l/o turned out...it's definitely one of my faves.

It's Monday again...already...have a good one!  TFL!

5 comments:

  1. I just love this lo ! Where did you get the "arrows"? Are they a die cut? Adorable page :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane - Thanks for your nice comment! The arrows are from a Silhouette cut file that came with my purchase of Studio Calico's Summer Stamp School class :) I cut them out using my Cameo.

      Delete
  2. I just love this! Saw it on the Studiocalico blog, too! Just wondering if you could tell me if your word bubble "best day ever" is a purchased file or did you create it? Also the arrows? I am new to the whole cameo thing. Thanks in advance and congratulations, too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda - Thank you so much for your sweet comment! The "best day ever" word bubble and the arrows were cut files that came with my purchase of Studio Calico's Summer Stamp School :)

      Delete
  3. Oooh - I bought that class, too. I need to go find it. Thanks so much - like I said, I am new to this cameo stuff and it seems the creativity with it is endless! I need to get started! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete