6.29.2012

OLW - June Prompt

I haven't posted much of my One Little Word album in quite awhile, not because I forgot to or didn't want to, but because a lot of the previous prompts were all about writing and words and I just didn't feel comfortable sharing them...at least not right now.

This month's prompt, however, is all about getting creative with paper and ink so I feel a little more comfortable sharing this with you :0)


I misted, painted, stamped, embossed, and embellished nine rectangle pieces of cardstock to slip into my album sleeve.



Each one means something different to me that pertains to my word (which is "Fresh").

From left to right, top to bottom:

1.  I painted the cute camera veneer from SC and wrapped it in some baker's twine and added the chipboard phrase to represent my new love for photography and to never give up on my dreams of having a bigger presence in the scrapbooking community (sounds cheesy, I know, but it's true :).

2.  I embossed the white cardstock with my Big Shot and a new chevron pattern from SU!.  I added my word with some letter stickers and a few drops of Mister Huey's Water Cooler and Inky Black.  This one represents the word itself.

3.  I put five different patterns of washi tape on this one and it represents finding my word in the "everyday" and it coordinates with my color scheme for my word.

4.  This one is self-explanatory...one of my favorite sayings or mantras.

5.  The No. 5 represents my family.  All five of us.

6.  For this piece, I used some Mod Podge, gold glitter and added a chipboard element that says "dream big"...good advice, I think.

7.  The "smile" was cut out using my Cameo.  I stapled it to the misted cardstock and it's my little reminder to smile more :)

8.  For this piece, I stamped the sentiment "Hello Adventure" and the arrows with some StazOn and added a little washi tape border to set it off.  This is my reminder to be more welcoming to adventure and travel.

9.  The final piece is my favorite.  The chipboard element says "unique" and it's my reminder to stand apart from the crowd and just be myself, with no fear.

I'm pretty sure you can still sign up for this class over at www.bigpictureclasses.com.  You don't have to be a crafty person to take it, just willing to take a good look at your life and yourself.  It's a great class and isn't overwhelming because it's set up over the course of 12 months.

Well, it's over 100 degrees in my neck of the woods and we're trying our best to stay in where it's cool. Hopefully, I'll get some extra time in my craft room this weekend ;)

Wherever you are and whatever you're doing, have a safe and happy weekend and if you're here with me in the Midwest, please take extra care of yourself, your family, and your pets in this outrageous heat this weekend.  Have a great afternoon!

TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment