10.29.2011

diy chore chart part 2

I'm sorry yesterday's post was so short and sweet, but I'm in the middle of a basement and bedroom remodel/update, Halloween weekend, filling crafty orders for family members, and my husband's still harvesting the crops (and working his 9 to 5 job so he's pretty much been MIA around the house for the last couple of weeks) so crazy busy doesn't even begin to describe my life right now :)  On the plus side, the Cards won the World Series last night!  Whoo Hoo!!!

Today I started making magnets for the chore chart...

For my letter/initial magnets I used Mod Podge to adhere the paper onto the cork and then gave the top a few coats for an added seal.  I used October Afternoon Schoolhouse patterned paper and a SU! postage stamp punch to punch the letters from the paper.  I added a small magnet to the back and voila, super simple and easy magnets in a flash!


I had these vintage-looking Tim Holtz wooden game pieces in my craft room so these only required some glue and a magnet to complete.

I forgot to mention that the vinyl "chore chart" I used on the cookie sheet was from Stampin' Up!'s current catalog.  I've had that thing lying around for months now, so I'm glad I finally got to use it!  It's going to go into the new and improved playroom for the kids to keep track of their chore progress.  Hopefully this new method will work better then the old one!

Just so you know, the next few weeks will be filled with lots of DIY projects that I will be tackling because of the basement and bedroom remodel (my youngest son's bedroom that is :)  I'm on a mission and I've got a vision so bear with me on this...I might not be able to post as often, but I promise the posts will be full cute things that I hope you enjoy.  Quality, not quantity...right?

We will be attending a local Halloween parade tonight and then trick-or-treating with the kids on Monday night so I'm off to prepare for that...

I hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend filled with lots of Halloween festivities!

No comments:

Post a Comment